Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Greatest Weather Ever

I am now Mrs. Gadia (Missy's Gadia)

Nice sound.. 
 
Today is our first monthsary as being husband and wife. Yesterday, November 15, 2010 was our 8th anniversarry as GF/BF. One month of a blissfull marriage, of cooking and learning new dishes, washing plates, managing time to go home (as early as I could to prepare food for my hubby) and to rise up early morning to do the same thing for our lunch, praying before meals and be always thankful to God for giving me very loving significant other who always appreciate my passion for cooking (YAY)!

Our wedding one month ago was a very memorable one for me. It is still vivid as I go on with the details of that fateful day. I woke up early morning by the sound of my mom telling me that our photographer was already outside the house to deliver the mannequin that we will use for the video session later on. I slept late that night composing my all in one power speech for my hubby, for my mother in law's 50th birthday day (to be celebrated together with our wedding), to our special guests and thanksgiving to God. Thank goodness, I was not so emotional that moment and did not have puffy eyes to begin the day with. I went to take a peek outside and expecting a sunny day that morning.

My relatives were almost up that 6AM. I saw my cousins washing their cars and my mom is already preparing the ‘souvenirs’ we have for our primary sponsors. I was frustrated to see it is so cloudy outside and ask my tita, “uulan kaya mamaya?”, (do you think it will rain?) to which she responded confidently, “hindi yan, pinagdasal natin yan eh”, (no it wont, we have prayed for that already)…

Moving forward, 1:30PM.. My Hair and Make Up Artist (HMUA) is almost done with me. It was time for my photoshoot and video which I felt was uneasy and uncomfortable. I am not really comfy smiling in the camera (especially solo ones duhhh!! or  if the one who takes the pic is not Marlon or a friend of mine). I feel like I am doing a fake smile or a smirk. But my photographer and videographer were really nice and professional and it was not that hard after all!



Time was running fast. While taking the shots on the stairs, I heard thunder growling up in the sky to my dismay. But you need to still look beautiful and not look worried!


We were ready to leave the house now and the sky was covered with.. guess what?? Darkness. It folds the sky, a sure sign a rain is coming on its way to my very own wedding (sad face). I wish I had taken a pic of this cumulus clouds all over Valenzuela. The video captured this scenery on our way to the church. My cousin, who was at the reception with the catering, texted me to inform that they fix up the tables and chairs that was set up already because it was so dark that any moment, heavy rain can pour. By the way, our venue for reception was an open field, like a garden set up and was surrounded by few trees. Our venue is just near the church. We have chosen this for the convenience of our relatives, friends and guests – just perfect for our occasion. Our catering told us to rent a tent for the venue, each tent per table. But for a budgeted wedding like ours, I think having tent is an extra expense plus you will not see the beauty of the place if its covered by tents. But I we did rent one, only for the primary sponsors who were seated in front of the reception. I kinda think twice if it helped if I visited Santa Clara to offer prayers and eggs for a good weather. 


The wedding is at 3PM – sharp. I now feel butterflies flying in my stomach. I was a bit surprise to see that our officemates and friends were already at the doors of the church. I saw close relatives of ours, our flower girls with their beautiful gowns, my gorgeous and macho entourage (haha) and of course, stands out among all of them was my soon-to-be husband, Marlon. He was wearing a pina barong Tagalong, (I think that’s what they call it), and he stands out among all of them. I felt my heart is leaping with joy and excitement, but the weather still bothers me. The sky is still dark at that moment. I did not know that Marlon was also worried – as we did not rent tents for our reception and was already thinking to have it set up immediately. Almost teary eyed me, I whispered to my cousin who was my driver, “Kuya, uulan na ata..?”, with reassurance he answered, “Don’t worry di yan uulan”. But it did, just before I walked out of my bridal car towards the aisle. God extended me his blessings and best wishes that beautiful afternoon through a brief rainshower. It rained on other parts of Metro Manila, Tondo, Quezon City, Malabon and in Bulacan, but not in Valenzuela. And that is forever, I will thank God.

 
Dambana ng Birhen ng Fatima

                                                                 Museo ng Valenzuela

No comments:

Post a Comment